ESL job interview question: Name three reasons why you became a teacher

Recommended answers:


I not only have three reasons but I have a long passionate story to go with it.


(1) Just like some kids dreamed of being a fire-fighter or nurse, I dreamed of being a teacher because I felt it was the most important profession.


(2) I really have a passion for learning and would like to pass that on to others.


(3) I love children and that fact along with my skills, attributes and personality make teaching the perfect profession for me.

Or:

For the reasons I became a teacher I think I would say something like this:

(1) The first reason I became a teacher is that I love children and enjoy working with children. I feel that everyone who goes into teaching needs to love children.


(2) In my view, variety is the spice of life. As a teacher I really feel as if every day is a different day, while in many other jobs every day is the same. Every day in a teacher's life is unique. There are different challenges to face and new decisions to be made. 


(3) My third reason is that I love to learn and help others to learn. As a teacher I am constantly learning and helping my students to learn and see the "light bulb" go off in their heads as they finally understand something that they have been trying to understand for a while.



More job interview questions-answers...