ESL job interview question: How would you handle a student who is disrespectful to you?

Recommended answers


Answer 1:



I would pull this student aside to find out the problem the student is having with me and try to come up with a workable solution for us both.

Answer 2:


First, I would make sure that my lessons are engaging and that the material is at an appropriate level for them and that they are always actively engaged. If the problem persisted, I would take that student aside and ask them why they are being disrespectful to me. 

Depending on the student and what their individual needs are, I may start a positive reinforcement behavior management system with them where they receive a reward for demonstrating the proper amount of respect towards me and the rest of the class. 




You will find more ESL job interview questions-answers here:

http://www.esldrive.com/findajob/jobinterview.html