ESL job interview question: If you got on an elevator where everyone was facing the back, what would you do?

Recommended answer:


This is a zany question. It is similar to the previously discussed question 'What is the color of your brain?'. The aim of such type of questions is to see whether you would follow the crowd  or not: they want to know if you have the ability to think critically and make solutions independently. 

Here is a recommended answer:

I would still face the front.’ 

In addition, you can say, ‘I know that if I follow the crowd I will go no further than the crowd but if I choose my own way to go I may find something new, interesting, useful and undiscovered.’ 

By answering this question correctly, you will show that you are an independent and creative decision-maker and can cope with difficult situations in the workplace.